
For the last week and a half I have been enjoying island life here in my favorite place on earth. As most of you know, I attended/worked at a summer camp here on Orcas Island called Camp Orkila for many years (yes, I'm the "One time at Orkila..." girl). Last week, Dave was here and we had many visitors, mostly camp friends of mine. We also got to hike, swim, and eat delicious locally grown organic food. Last weekend, Dave and I went to see Dave Matthews Band at the
Gorge before Dave left to go back home. This week I am back on Orcas staying with my parents. I have been kayaking, taking yoga, and learning to love trail running. I have four more days here and then I'll be in NYC for five days before I fly to Delhi to begin my Indian adventure. But, first, I need to eat blackberry pie at least two more times.
Above: Jenny, me, and Maria atop Mt. Constitution (the highest point in the San Juans).
1 comment:
That is a beautiful bright photo. You look really happy, which makes me happy.
~lisa
Post a Comment