Today is the unofficial start of my training for the Rio marathon which will take place at the end of June. I should have started training at the beginning of this week, but I returned from my honeymoon and decided to be lazy for a few extra days. For some reason I find myself quite daunted by the prospect of these measly 7 miles. I think back to training for past marathons and how 7 miles would have seemed like a breeze but this morning I am nervous in a way that I haven't been since running 7 miles for the very first time. I am excited for the marathon, but I am also hesitant. I want to run it, but I want to run it for fun, not for time, and yet I feel that my inner competitiveness with myself will rear its ugly head and I won't be able to do that. I hope that I can prove myself wrong.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
7 miles
Today is the unofficial start of my training for the Rio marathon which will take place at the end of June. I should have started training at the beginning of this week, but I returned from my honeymoon and decided to be lazy for a few extra days. For some reason I find myself quite daunted by the prospect of these measly 7 miles. I think back to training for past marathons and how 7 miles would have seemed like a breeze but this morning I am nervous in a way that I haven't been since running 7 miles for the very first time. I am excited for the marathon, but I am also hesitant. I want to run it, but I want to run it for fun, not for time, and yet I feel that my inner competitiveness with myself will rear its ugly head and I won't be able to do that. I hope that I can prove myself wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
is it possible to be competitive with yourself to see how not-competitive you can be? i guess it's a spin on your stubbornness and determination. i like your recipe names. enticing! perfect for marathoners!
Good to hear you're back on your feet.
I went back to the old brick prison tonight. Received an invite from Hchs-alums to see this year's Musical Rep production of Damn Yankees and I dragged a non-Hunterite with me to the show. She actually thought the kids were great (especially the girl playing the Devil) and we both had a really good time. It was weird to walk through those hallways again and realize that I first set foot in them over 20 years ago.
Post a Comment