When I made the decision to run the marathon, I not only had to register and come up with a training schedule (all the usual things), but I also had to ensure there was going to be a security plan. Once Dave informed the head of security down here that I was going to be training, one of my two "shadows" (what we lovingly call the guys who follow me around) was rotated to another position and in his place a man was hired who supposedly has lots of experience with distance running. I call him the Moustache, for obvious reasons, and he seems like a very nice guy. As is the case with my shadows when I am doing other things (i.e. walking the dog) I rarely see the Moustache when I am running as he is behind me the entire time. I catch rare glimpses of him a few yards behind me when I finish my run and exit the park and we both do the keep-our-legs-warmed-up shuffle while waiting for the light to change.
Today there was something different. I noticed that he wasn't doing the shuffle and then I saw it, a flash of yellow: he was holding on to a bike! Now, I do not write this to flatter myself, I am not that fast. Either the Moustache has injured himself, or he wasn't quite the runner he was rumored to be. I am, however, relieved. Right now I am not running that far, but in a few months time when I'm up to 20 miles, I would feel bad knowing that the Moustache had to run that far as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anri,
Glald to see you put the anonymous comment option. I wanted to comment before but didn't for fear of revealing my blogger identity.
This post made me giggle; I even read part of it aloud to my co worker who also had a good laugh. This post does a good job of exemplifying how unique your life down there is.
I wish I could meet the moustache.
Miss you
~Lisa
hahahahahahahahahaha!
leavin' the mens in the dust....
Post a Comment