Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hot, sweaty day



On Sunday I ran the NYC Half-Marathon. It was a little rainy at the start, but that, thankfully, cooled things off a bit. It was a lot of fun being able to run through Times Square with no cars or slow-moving tourists in the way, and Nike did a great job of spacing numerous live bands, DJs, and water stations along the course. There was even a spot with Brazilian samba dancers in full carnival regalia. My parents and Dave were there to cheer me on, as were my mother-in-law, Jenn, and Ilya. Dave's dad ran in the race as well. I'm happy I ran it, but I'm also looking forward to a much-needed break from running.

2 comments:

iy. said...

yay, break from running!

you always have so many cheerleaders at your runs. so great. =)

Anonymous said...

you have hot legs, lady!
--dorothy