Saturday, August 02, 2008

Beard-o

(Warning: the end of this post contains a disturbing photograph, parental supervision is advised for children under the age of 13.)

While we were on vacation on the west coast, Dave decided to humor me and not shave for our entire one-month trip. I had never seen him with anything more than a few days' worth of weekend stubble, so it was a lot of fun charting his evolution, over time, from clean cut banker to laid back mountain man. I must admit, I grew quite fond of it.

Dave shaved it all off today, but not without first giving me quite the surprise when I returned from putting the clothes in the dryer....


We laughed uncontrollably for several minutes, and then I couldn’t look him in the face until he finished the job. I can safely say that those five minutes of being married to Dave-with-mustache are more than enough to last me for the rest of our life together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If Dave ever goes missing (or wins an award) I hope this is the photo you give to the police/awards committee.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA FUNNIEST. THING. EVER.
DOROTHY

Anonymous said...

i was wondering how that was all progressing, if dave was still going through with it. amazing 'stache.
~lisa

brad board babe said...

he looks like a sheriff!