Tuesday, March 10, 2009

They say it makes a mean soup

(Warning: photo of animal carcass below)

Last week marked the end of my internship at the Food Network. I miss it already. In related news, I interviewed at Savoy restaurant yesterday and will be a stage (fancy culinary term for free labor) there three days a week starting next week. While I can't say that I am excited about working in a restaurant, I am hoping that I will learn a lot and that it will be a stepping stone to some of the jobs that I would like to have in the future (most of which require restaurant experience).

Below is the only photo I have of me in the Food Network production kitchen. It was taken after a lamb demo by the American Lamb Board. It was pretty cool, they brought in a whole lamb and showed us how to butcher it and talked about some of the lesser known (to Americans at least) cuts that are (supposedly) quite tasty. The best part of the demo was when the woman from the Lamb Board introduced the two men who did the butchering as our "lambassadors."

Yes, I am holding the skull.

2 comments:

qsoz said...

Lambassadors, awesome.

Christina said...

OMG, it's like a horror movie. I never thought I'd see you holding a raw lamb skull. Smiling.