Dave and I leave for Peru tomorrow morning. Right now I should be getting excited, I should be charging my camera battery and packing up my rain gear, but instead, I have spent the last half an hour on the phone being that gringo who calls up a hotel located next to one of the most awe-inspiring sights of the world and asks, "Which rooms in your hotel have TVs and who is your cable carrier?"The good news is that they have DirectTV which means the Superbowl will, for sure, be broadcast. The quite horrible news is that they only have TVs in their "suite-level" rooms, and to get into one of those Dave and I will have to shell out an extra $264 on top of the outrageous room rate we are already paying to stay Machu Picchu-adjacent for one night.
How much am I willing to pay to see Big Blue in the game that no one (but me) believed they would be in? Considering tickets to the actual game are now selling for upwards of $2000, I suppose I should consider this a bargain.
Alright, back to getting excited for my trip (which, despite this snafu, I am), and the rain gear, as I hear we're going to need it...
No comments:
Post a Comment