Monday, May 14, 2007

Alcatraz


Yesterday, at 4:30pm, Dave and I set sail for Alcatraz Island with a boat full of other tourists. I must say that when Dave suggested adding this to our San Francisco itinerary I thought he was joking, and laughed. In the end though, aside from the freezing cold winds that had me seeking shelter near the prison control room, it was worth my $28.75. My favorite part of the day was not the guided tour, or even the "award winning" audio tour, but rather my trip to the bathroom. The bathrooms are located in a small structure outside the main prison building. As I was washing my hands in the ice cold water coming out of the lone tap over the sink, I overheard this conversation between a father and his 10-or-so year old son coming from the men's room :

Son (whining): I want hot water
Father (agitated): This is a prison, what do you expect!

Priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry makes me miss you a lot.

~lisa

qsoz said...

@lisa: For a second I thought you said this post makes you miss prison a lot.