Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blogging for bucks

Some exciting news! I have been selected (though I was likely the only candidate) to be the writer of the Sao Paulo blog on Hotels By City, a travel website whose main purpose is to help people make hotel reservations. In addition, the site also has various resources for travelers, including its "city blogs" which are written by people living in a given city to provide helpful traveling tips and help unearth lesser-known spots. I can write about whatever I want (restaurants, museums, shopping, etc), the only requirement is that I post at least twice a week. In return, I pocket all of the revenue from any ads that are placed on my blog. So, the goal is to write well and link to your travel blog from other places (i.e. this blog) to garner lots of traffic, thus becoming a desirable place for companies to advertise.

The link to my blog is already up on the Hotels By City site, but I have yet to be provided with a log in so I haven't been able to start posting. As soon as I have some stuff up, I will let you all know.

No comments: