Friday, June 27, 2008

Second visit to the forty-ninth


After a delayed flight from New York to Chicago, a three and a half hour layover at O'Hare, and a six hour flight to Anchorage, we finally arrived in Alaska a little before midnight last night. It was still light out. This morning, Dave, Lisa (with whom we met up at the hotel in Anchorage), and I took a surprisingly quick five hour bus ride to Denali, where I now sit in the lobby of the McKinley Village Lodge which is across the road from our hotel, the Denali Grizzly Bear Resort. The three of us are sharing a rustic cabin with a small kitchenette. It is quite comfy, but I will say that word "resort" is misleading. The Grizzly Bear is just six miles outside the entrance to Denali National Park, and tomorrow we're taking an all day bus tour into the park. I'm excited to see some bears (though somewhat scared, I'm not going to lie).

No comments: