Sunday, August 19, 2007

Thank you

I awoke this morning feeling sore but content, my room still smelling of Kiehl's "Klaus Heidegger's All-Sport Muscle Rub." Both post-race yesterday and this morning my body has felt much better than it felt after Rio, when I could barely move.

I have been in training for 20 weeks straight. I have run training runs in São Paulo, Rio, New York, San Francisco, Rome, Florence, and Harigmont (Belgium). It's been fun at times, tiring at others, and while I was somewhat disappointed after the race in Rio, yesterday was the perfect way to end these five months of running. I can honestly say that what made the difference - what I thought about during those last 10km yesterday - is all the support I have received from friends and family. Yesterday marked the first marathon I've run where I didn't have anyone waiting for me at the finish line, but I never felt alone. So, thank you to everyone who emailed me, sent me positive vibes, or at any time has taken an interest in my running and asked me about it.

While I'm very ready to hang up my Asics for the next few months and focus on other things, I know that when November rolls around I'll be ready to dust them off and start training for the next continent.

So many thanks, Anri.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! You deserve a break. Love, Dave

qsoz said...

You DID PR. Nice!