Thursday, August 02, 2007

Would you like a window or aisle seat?

My father recently said to me that in my next job, I should be a travel agent. This week, I have been just that. I have not been able to post for a while as I have been booking flights to Delhi, Mendoza, and Johannesburg; calling hotels and travel agents in Bangalore, Buenos Aires, and Bahia; running back and forth between my apartment and the Indian consulate; and spending countless hours on hotels.com, sidestep.com, and tripadvisor.com. As of this afternoon, however, I think that I have made it through the brunt of the booking, and now I can sit back and start to get excited about all the traveling I am going to do in the next eight months. Here's what I've been simultaneously planning/tying up loose ends for:

mid-August: Holland, Belgium, and Iceland (for the marathon!)
late August to early September: Orcas Island, Washington
mid-September to mid-October: India
late October: Japan
mid-November: Fernando de Noronha, Brasil

early February 2008: Carnaval - We're going to Machu Picchu!
early March 2008: Tanzania (for the Kilimanjaro marathon!) and South Africa
late March 2008: Mendoza, Argentina (for Dave's brother's wedding)

World, here I come.

2 comments:

qsoz said...

Will you be sending postcards? :)

Anonymous said...

I am a travel agent, and let me tell you, everyone thinks it should be fun, but it's not that great (unless you are planning for friends, of course)
*Dorothy