Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Aching for my bed

Over the past twelve weeks I have visited seven countries and three US states. I have run a marathon. I have slept in a total of 24 different beds. I have taken 23 plane rides totaling approximately 115 hours in the sky (almost five days). Tomorrow I leave Tokyo for Sao Paulo, via New York (where I have a three hour layover). I am two plane rides – totaling 23 hours – away from sleeping in my own bed.

I have seen so much and met so many great people. And, I think that I have finally come to call Brasil home, to think of our apartment in Sao Paulo, and not my parents’ in New York, when I say the words “I’m going home.” Home for me is where Dave is. It’s been an amazing few months, but I can’t wait to go home.

No comments: