Saturday, October 06, 2007

Success!






I have finally reached a place with a computer with a USB port, so here are just a few of my favorite photos for you (I have taken over 200 so there is no way I can post them all. Once I'm back, I'll post a link to an album with the rest).
The photos are of, in order...

Delhi - an unidentified vegetable on sale at an outdoor market
Agra - the Taj Mahal (duh)
en route to Chanderi - a lovely family we sat with on the train
Chanderi - a Hindu priest who kept making me listen to his cell phone ring
Orchha - dyes on sale at the local market
Khajuraho - one of the many kamasutra sculptures at Lakshmana temple

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics are byootiful! I especially love the dyes. I've always wondered how that country keeps its clothes so dang bright.

iy. said...

wow, amazing photos so far. talk about postcard moments. what a beautiful family you rode with. and i am CRACKING UP at the priest and his cell phone rings!!! how did you manage to get stuck in that conversation with him making you listen to all of them?? i love it. i can't believe you had a bindi on (in one of your later posts). gosh, i can't imagine that many people -- it's so overwhelming -- more crowded than beijing -- such beautiful colors. i love reading your blog, it's just like you talking. xoxoxo