I realized that my last post could have been viewed as somewhat negative, so I've decided to include a few highlights of my trip thus far:
- Being on the plane with the Indian National cricket team (who are mega stars here) on my way from Delhi to Dharamsala. We received a royal welcome when we arrived. Interestingly, the South African team, who they were to play next, was also on the (very small) plane and I sat next to their coach, a very lovely man.
- Taking yoga in the afternoon sunshine during my meditation retreat.
- Playing with the dogs at Tushita.
- The Sikh temple we visited in Delhi.
- Pairs of Indian male friends holding hands as they walk down the street together.
- Seeing an elephant by the side of the road - just a few yards from a McDonald's - today upon arriving in Agra.
In about an hour I head to the Taj Mahal which I'm sure will be added to this list. Again, wishing I could share some photos, but promising to do so as soon as I can.
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you haven't mentioned food at all. how is it?
thanks for keeping us posted. i like just knowing you're there.
~lisa
Post a Comment